Saturday 28 January 2012

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal



Let's Go Away

Let's go away
like birds singing
and rest for a bit
on a giant tree
and sing some more.

The afternoon sky
seems peaceful.
There is no
afternoon like this one.
Let's fly high.

Fly with me
to another town.
Fly with me again
in a circle
above the garden
by the pepper tree.

Fly away with me.
I feel so lonely.
Without you
my singing voice
is blue. Let's go
into the afternoon
singing together.



Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal works in the mental health field in Los Angeles, CA. His poetry book, Peering into the Sun, was published by Poet's Democracy. His poetry chapbook, Songs for Oblivion, will be published by Alternating Current Press.


1 comment:

Peter Greene said...

Oh, that's lovely. Thanks for this, Luis and Rufous Salon!